We love getting out and about in our city. We also love saving money. One of the things that helps us do both is our trusty Chinook Book. We’ve purchased and used the Chinook Book and Mobile App for the past two years now and have never been disappointed with the savings it’s provided us. The possibilities are endless from 2 for 1 deals at local restaurants, free admission to museums, parks and attractions, and even deals at the local stores we love.
It’s not unusual for an entire day (or at least morning or afternoon) to be planned around the coupons we find in “the book”, as we lovingly call it. For Father’s Day, we explored Bainbridge Island, the book recently made an evening at Green Lake even sweeter, and we also think it’s a great gift idea for the holidays. We often discover new coffee shops, restaurants, and dessert spots just by flipping through the book or mobile app.
Thanks to the awesome people at Chinook Book-Seattle & Puget Sound, we’re giving away 3 Chinook Books (Print Version) and 4 Chinook Book Mobile Coupon Packs! Both include coupons and deals available throughout Seattle and the Puget Sound, so if you live in the area or happen to be planning a visit within the year, you’ll really benefit and should enter!
How We Use it and Why We Love Chinook Book Print Version:
We keep our book in the car, so it’s always ready and waiting when we are out and about. Sometimes we plan ahead and have a chosen restaurant or outing in mind, while more often than not, we refer to the book’s neighborhood maps to help us find deals wherever we happen to be in the region.
- Beautiful color pages to flip through in order to plan a shopping trip, local adventure or restaurant outing.
- In the front of the book, you’ll find handy neighborhood maps, so if you know where you’re headed, you’ll know where you can save!
- Coupons are divided into easy to follow categories. Some categories include: Local Grocery, Dining, and Entertainment & Family.
- The index in the front of the book makes it easy to look-up and track down coupons.
How We Use it and Why We Love Chinook Book Mobile Version:
While we’ve used the print version of the book for longer, I’m starting to grow accustomed to the convenience of the mobile version. I’ve downloaded the app to my iPod touch and constantly refer to it when I’m on-the-go. Before I grab a cup of coffee or choose a restaurant, I always check the app. Once at the business, I show the cashier the coupon on my device, and with a few touches/clicks, the coupon is redeemed.
- The app is easy to download and available for android or iOS systems.
- As long as you have your mobile device with you, you don’t have to worry about remembering to bring the book or grabbing the coupon. This is also handy because sometimes we rip out a coupon with all intentions of using it, but for some reason or another change our minds. Then the coupon can get lost, damaged, etc. The mobile app eliminates all of that.
- The “near me” feature makes it incredibly easy to find deals where ever you happen to be standing!
- A wi-fi or network connection is NOT necessary for the application to work.
More to Love:
Coupons included in the print and app version are from local companies and businesses that do “good”. You can read all about it on their criteria page. We love how we can always feel great about supporting the businesses featured because the Chinook Book does all that hard work for us!
- We are not giving away books and mobile packs from these regions, but both versions are also available in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver & Boulder, Portland, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
- When using a coupon, unless you know for sure that the business is up-and-running and open, call ahead! You never know when a business might close or change hands thus ruining your coupon experience!
- Chinook Book Print Version is valued at $20. Most coupons in the book expire 10/31/14. Chinook Book Mobile Pack is valued at $15. Most coupons in the mobile pack expire 8/31/14.
To Enter The Giveaway:
- Easy: Leave a comment here on the blog telling us which version you’d like to win (print or mobile pack).
- Bonus Entries-Your name will be entered again depending on how many bonus entries you submit thus increasing your chances of winning (make sure to tell us in your comment which of these you did or already do!):
3 Chinook Book Print Versions & 4 Chinook Book Mobile Packs will be given away for a total of 7 winners! Contest ends and all entries must be received by Friday, 9/27/13 at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time. Winners will be chosen at random and notified on Monday, 9/30/13. Giveaway open to U.S. residents 18 years or older. After notification, winners have 3 days to connect. Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact me!
Many thanks to Chinook Book-Seattle & Puget Sound for providing print and mobile packs for giveaway and review. All opinions about the books and app are my own.