We had the pleasure of traveling to Hayden Lake, Idaho over the weekend. While the drive was over 300 miles, once we arrived at the lake, we stayed put and learned all about the art of enjoying a lake.
Things You’ll Need:
- bathing suits
- life jackets
- water toys
Non-Essentials (but fun to have)…
- jet ski
- lounge chair
1. Cook up some nice, warm, sunny weather. A little rain and clouds are okay at times; it helps cool things down a bit. Thunder and lightning are also okay (as long as everyone is safe ashore), especially when they put on a show at night.
2. Grab your swimsuit, towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen, and try one (or more):
- Lounge & Read (book, magazine, kindle, newspaper…all are great choices)
- Play cards
- Have a ball with water toys
- Take a nap
3. Jump in!
- Challenge your friends to swimming competition
- Strap on some goggles or a snorkel mask & look for treasures
4. Enjoy delicious food with good company. Here are some suggestions:
- Homemade fried chicken, brats, and wings
- Fresh Halibut Tacos
5. Take a boat ride. Optional: At Sunset.
6. Reminisce, catch-up, and laugh (best done around a fire).
“A day at the lake is worth a month in town”
Come along with us on all of our adventures by “liking” our facebook page and following us on twitter!