Get ready for another famous dish from Slaed’s recipe files. Back in the mid-90’s Slaed found this recipe as he was clipping coupons. The recipe is modified from the “Las Palmas” brand of Mexican food. It’s one of his go-to meals, and combined with cornbread, definitely one of my favorites. Oh, and it’s SO easy!
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 (28 oz) can green chile enchilada sauce (we use Las Palmas)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed (next time we’ll be using the black beans that I cooked up from scratch–thanks to “emmycooks“)
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine all ingredients in Dutch oven or large saucepan; bring to a boil
2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Serve with corn bread, top with sour cream & enjoy!
Makes 10 (1 cup) servings.